Section menu

You are here

Check a register

Health and Care Professions Council

A radiographer practising in the United Kingdom must be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). (Note: some examinations and treatments are carried out by clinical scientists also registered by the Health and Care Professions Council, so sometimes it will be necessary to check under clinical scientist rather than radiographer.)

Search for your radiographer here

Public voluntary register of sonographers

The College of Radiographers administers a public voluntary register for those individuals practising as sonographers. This register helps members of the public to confirm that the sonographer undertaking their examination is appropriately qualified. Please note that acceptance on to this voluntary register does not in itself authenticate competence or fitness to practice.

Search for your sonographer here

Accredited assistant practitioner online register

The College of Radiographers also administers a register of accredited assistant practitioners working in diagnostic imaging or radiotherapy. The register allows members of the public to confirm that the assistant practitioner undertaking their examination or treatment is appropriately qualified.

Search for your assistant practitioner here

Content tools

Accessibility controls

Text size